Formulate a research question on a topic of your choice, conduct research, and write a paper integrating that research in an attempt to address your research question.
You MAY NOT use the same topic that you used in Expository Writing. This assignment will focus on the aspects of research methods, taking notes, outlining, writing, and revising.
This paper must contain MLA citations of source material. (1200 words, including 5-8 sources). See Ch. 20 of Longman and Ch. 31-34 of Toryka for ideas and help.
Research Paper Due Dates
Required Pre-Writing Assignments:
- Research topic Due Friday, Novmeber 10
- Research in the library November 13-16
- Working thesis Due Monday, November 13
- Annotated Bibliography of 10 Sources (p. 504 in Troyka) Due Tuesday, November 21
- Research Outline (p. 506) Due Monday, November 27
- 100 Note Cards (p. 505 in Troyka) Due Friday, Dec. 1 (1/2 day)
Writing and Revising
- Research Draft 1 Due Tuesday, December 5
- Research Draft 2 Due Friday, December 8
- Research Draft 3 Due Tuesday, December 12
- Research FINAL DRAFT Due Friday, December 15